Salmon with California Salsa

I love salmon! It's easy to make and good for you.  This recipe can be made with a whole piece of salmon or salmon steaks.  You can grill the salmon or pan fry it in a cast iron skillet.  My recipe below is made in a cast iron skillet.  The salsa I put over it is delicious, healthy and easy to make.  I love a Chardonnay with this recipe, but if you prefer red, drink it! Long gone are the days of white wine with fish.  Cheers!

4 Salmon steaks.  

2 Tbs. olive oil.

1 Tbs. butter.

salt and pepper.

Heat skillet on high heat with olive oil and butter.  Season salmon with salt and pepper and put into the hot skillet skin side down. Allow to cook on high heat 5-7 minutes.  Flip and cook for another 5 -7 minutes. I flip the salmon back over skin side down and make sure the flesh is cooked through.  It should be opaque and not pink. Put onto a serving plate.


California Salsa

1 Roma tomato seeded and diced.

1/2 jalapeno diced.  I like a little heat so I leave some of the rib part on it.

1 bunch cilantro chopped.

1/4 cup chopped red onion.

1 avocado diced.

1 Tbs. olive oil.

2 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Salt and pepper to taste.

I make the salsa right before I start the salmon.  I put the avocado in last so it doesn't brown and break apart. Mix well and keep in the refrigerator until salmon is done.  Spoon over salmon.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilapia and Warm Lentil Salad

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic

Harvest Roasted Vegetables