Marty's Mashed Potatoes

These are my favorite mashed potatoes! This recipe is courtesy of my mother in law who makes them for the holidays.  They are so delicious even without gravy.  If I had to choose only one type of potato recipe for the rest of my life, these mashed potatoes would come second only to vodka ;-)  They can be made the day before and kept refrigerated.  Cheers and thank you Marty for letting me share your recipe!


9 Russet potatoes.  If the potatoes are extra large, use 6.

1 stick of butter.

12 oz. room temperature cream cheese.

3/4 cup sour cream.

salt and pepper to taste.


Peel and dice potatoes.  I rise the potatoes a couple of times after they are peeled and diced. Put potatoes into a pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil.  Cook potatoes until they are soft and ready to fall apart.  Drain potatoes and put them back into the pot you boiled them in.  Turn heat on low and add butter and cream cheese in small chunks, sour cream, salt and pepper. I use a hand mixer to mash the potatoes and combine the ingredients.  Mix until potatoes are completely smooth. Potatoes can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until you are ready to serve.  Re-warm either in the oven at 300 degrees for 20 minutes or in the microwave. I like to top with a little more butter before service.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilapia and Warm Lentil Salad

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic

Harvest Roasted Vegetables