San Francisco Crab Cakes

These are delicious and easy to make.  You can use Dungeness crab or Maryland crab if that's what you can get at your seafood department.   I use fresh lump meat, but you can use half fresh meat and half canned meat.  I have no idea if you can freeze them or leave them in the refrigerator over night.  My family consumes them immediately.  I love having my crab cakes with a Pinot Grigio.  Cheers!

Makes 8 crab cakes.

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1 large egg .

2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard.

1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce.

1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper or 1/2 tsp. hot sauce.

2 cups jumbo crab meat.

3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs.

2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley.

salt and pepper to taste.

lemon to squeeze on at the end of cooking.

Vegetable or Canola oil for frying.  About 3 -4 Tbsp.


Heat oil in a large saute pan or cast iron skillet.  Combine mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard, hot sauce or cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, mix crab meat, panko bread crumbs and parsley.  Fold crab mixture into egg and mayo mixture.  Add salt and pepper.  I use an ice cream scoop to form the same size balls.  I slightly flatten them out with my hand. I cook them over high heat until they are browned and then flip them to brown the other side.  I place them on a paper towel to drain.  Serve immediately with lemon or tartar sauce.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilapia and Warm Lentil Salad

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic

Harvest Roasted Vegetables