Sweet Potato and Cranberry Casserole

My mom made this casserole for Thanksgiving while I was growing up.  I decided not to change a thing in the recipe.  I love it just the way it is. It has become my family's tradition. I'm not a huge fan of sweet potatoes, but I will always eat them this way.  Cheers to mom who is no longer with us!

4 Sweet potatoes.

1 can of frozen Orange Juice.

1 cup Cranberry Relish (recipe in also in my blog).

1 cup brown sugar.

1 cup chopped pecans.

2 Tbs. butter.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non stick spray.

Peel sweet potatoes and dice into quarter inch cubes.  Cook on stove top in boiling salted water for about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain potatoes and put into a mixing bowl.  Add defrosted can of Orange juice. DO NOT ADD WATER!  Just the juice.  Add brown sugar and pecans and mix.  Pour into baking dish.  Add 1 cup of Cranberry Relish and swirl it in.  Don't over mix or the dish will turn pink.  Cut 2 Tbs. of butter into small cubes and dot the top of the casserole with it.  Bake for 25 minutes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilapia and Warm Lentil Salad

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic

Harvest Roasted Vegetables