Chicken with Thai Green Curry and Jasmine Rice

I love Thai green curry!  Unfortunately, I don't have time to always make it from scratch.  There are a lot of ingredients and it is time consuming.  I found that the Trader Joe's Green Curry Simmer Sauce is great.  It's not too spicy and is easy to make.  Here is one of my cheat, go to sauces when I don't have a lot of time to cook, but still want to make a delicious meal for my family.  I love a Pinot Grigio or a Riesling with curry.  Cheers!


Serves 4

1/2-3/4 lbs. diced boneless chicken.  I use thigh meat.

1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil.

1/2 sliced yellow onion.

2 Cups chopped broccoli.

12 oz. sliced white mushrooms.  

1/4 tsp. salt.

1 Jar Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce.

1/2 Cups of Jasmine Rice.


Make 1 1/2 cups Jasmine rice according to directions.

Dice chicken into small chunks.  Put olive oil, onion and chicken into a large saute pan on high heat.  Saute  for 5-7 minutes.

Fill a small pot with water and bring it to a boil.  Add 1/4 tsp. salt.  Add broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.  Drain.

Once chicken and onions are sauted,  add broccoli and sliced mushrooms.  Mix well.

Add jar of Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce. Because the sauce is so thick,  I usually add bout 1/4 of a cup of water to the jar, cover it and shake it to get the rest of the sauce out. Stir to combine. Simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes.  

Serve over jasmine rice or by itself.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilapia and Warm Lentil Salad

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic

Harvest Roasted Vegetables