Shrimp Curry

 This is a curry recipe my mom made while I was growing up.  Eating curry while living in Connecticut was interesting.  Back then, there were no curry restaurants around.  You had to go into NYC to find any restaurant serving a curry dish. My mom always made great dishes that were not necessarily common. I guess that's how I developed my interest in food and travel.  I love a glass of Riesling or Pinot Grigio with this flavorful dish.  Cheers!


Serves 4


1 lb. raw shrimp peeled and deveined (31-40 count shrimp).

2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil.

1/2 yellow onion finely chopped.

2 cloves of garlic finely minced.

1 1/4 tsp. yellow curry powder.

1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt.

2 Tbs. of water.

1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper.

1/4 cup chopped cilantro.

Serve with Basmati Rice or long grain rice.


Make Rice according to packaged directions.

In a saute pan on medium high heat, add extra virgin olive oil.

Once the pan is hot, add onions and saute until softened. About 1-2 minutes.  

Add garlic, shrimp and curry powder and saute for another 2 minutes until shrimp are pink.

Take the pan off the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Serve over Basmati rice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilapia and Warm Lentil Salad

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic

Harvest Roasted Vegetables