Cajun Shrimp and Pasta

Cajun food is one of my favorite types of cuisine.  I love the seasoning and the spice that goes along with it.  I make my own Cajun seasoning and keep it handy to add to meals.  Gumbo, Jambalaya and Cajun shrimp and pasta are my favorite Cajun inspired meals that I make.  I love making this meal not only because it's so tasty, but it's also quick to put together.  This dish can be made with shrimp or chicken and you can use long or short pasta. I love spicy food, but I like to leave heat level up to each person.  I always have extra seasoning or hot sauce on the table when I serve all my Cajun dishes. I also have plenty of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio on the table if things get too spicy.  Cheers!


Serves 4

1 lb. Farfalla pasta

1 lb. 16-20 count raw peeled shrimp

2 Tbs. butter

2 garlic cloves minced

3-4 Tbs. of Cajun seasoning (recipe below)

1 3/4 cup of half and half

1/4 cup of softened cream cheese

3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

2 Tbs. chopped parsley


Cajun Seasoning

3 Tbs. Paprika

2 Tbs. garlic powder

1 Tbs. black pepper

1 Tbs. dried oregano

1 Tbs. dried thyme

1 Tbs. cayenne 

1 tsp. salt



Peel raw shrimp.  Add 1-2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning to shrimp and mix.

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.

In a large saute pan, melt butter on medium heat.  Add minced garlic to the butter and cook 30 seconds.

Add seasoned shrimp to the saute pan and cook 3-4 per side until the shrimp are pink.  Remove shrimp from the pan and put them on a plate while you make the sauce.

Turn heat up to high and put the half and half and cream cheese into the saute pan. Stir to incorporate the cream cheese.  

Once the cream cheese has melted and the sauce is thickened, add 2 Tbs. of the Cajun seasoning to the cream mixture and stir.

Add the shrimp and cooked drained pasta to the saute pan.  Stir for 1-2 minutes to combine.

Turn off the heat and add Parmesan cheese and parsley. Stir and serve.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilapia and Warm Lentil Salad

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic

Harvest Roasted Vegetables